And we’re back, my dear readers!
You are probably so sick of me at this point, but I hope you are enjoying these frequent posts. As you guys know, I typically post twice a week, but this past week has been my favorite week of blogging ever. And that’s because of you all! I am constantly astounded by your sweet comments and support of my poetry. Wow!
As for this sweet but short post, I want to thank Sarika of Sarika, Pure Reflections for nominating me for this award. Please go support and check out her blog, and you definitely will not regret it. What a sweet soul Sarika is!
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me (you guys are probably sick of my answers, and I’m honestly running out of ideas for these little factoids lol)
- I do not like tomatoes. I know, I know… What kind of a person am I? Well, I do really enjoy salsa at Mexican restaurants, but tomatoes by themselves are not my favorite.
- I volunteered at the local library for four years straight and accumulated over a hundred hours there (probably more, but my memory fails me). To this day I am a neat freak when it comes to keeping my books in order, though I am messier about other things.
- I have an irrational fear of closets. My sister still makes fun of me for it.
- Who or what inspires you to write and in life in general?
- There is a hunger in me that is only fed when I’m writing. My inspiration comes from the most random places and people. Sometimes ideas strike in dreams, but mostly my ideas come to me when I am daydreaming or falling asleep. From there it takes off.
- When did you start blogging?
- Two years ago. My aunt challenged me to make a travel blog, and I laughed at her. “A blog?” I asked. Of course now, my tune has changed. ❤
- What do you like and dislike about yourself?
- Hmm… I do think I have a gentle spirit that attracts people of all backgrounds, and I appreciate deep conversation with anyone and everyone. However, this can sometimes be a detrimental issue, as I tend to get railroaded and trampled on due to my conflict-averse personality.
- What is the most memorable moment in your life?
- The most memorable moment so far: Finding out my mom was pregnant with my sister. I was seven-years-old, and I will never forget jumping up and down when we found out Mom was pregnant with Gen. I actually found out before my dad, since he was coming back from a trip. When he walked into the room and saw us jumping, he was like, “What the…” 🙂
- Who is your favorite person?
- Oh, this question KILLS! Sarika, what a tough one. While I hate the idea of choosing a “favorite” person, because I believe there are so many people out there who will help you in all aspects of your life. But if I had to choose, I’d pick my redonk sister, Gen, who keeps me on my toes every single day.
My Best Blog Post
Oh, geez. I have no idea. My favorite poem so far has been “a dream killed me,” which you can check out here.
- Ayansola Ibukun, https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/88614534
- The Reluctant Poet, https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/119695645
- Positive Side of the Coin, http://positivesideofcoin.com
- Priyaranjan Blogs, https://priyaranjanblogs.wordpress.com
- Riverside Peace, https://riversidepeace.com
Questions for Nominees
- Where do you find your greatest joy?
- Do you prefer blogging or writing on your own time (poetry, novels, etc.)?
- What made you start blogging in the first place?
- Do you feel that blogging has improved your writing?
- If you could go to space or the bottom of the ocean, which would you choose and why?
THANK YOU, GUYS!
All right, hopefully I did this correctly. Thank you again for reading this post, and I hope you guys are enjoying your afternoon. I am still waiting out a hurricane (it has been downgraded to a tropical depression, FYI), which is giving me time to work more on this blog.
Do not forget tomorrow will be Day 2 of the Seven Heavenly Virtues series!
Thanks as always,