Hello, my dear readers!
Here’s to a surprise Sunday morning post for you all. Recently a dear blogger friend, Patricia Furstenberg, kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am honored by this sweet and lovely author and poet, so please go check out her website and maybe even purchase one of her books here.
The amazing thing about these blogger awards is that it gives us a chance to connect as a community. That is why I am always super thankful to see writers nominating others so that we can get to know each other a little bit more. So thank you again to Patricia, and thank you to my nominees and to those who are taking a moment to read this post as well. ❤
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog post.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers & their blogs. Do leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award and ask your nominees 11 new questions.
11 Questions Patricia Asked Me
1. Share one thing about yourself that would surprise your followers.
This may be the most ridiculous thing to share with you guys, but it’s the first thing that came to mind, so please forgive me: I have a fear of fingernails ripping off. Who knows what caused this psychological fear in me, but I’ve always had a terrific fear of somehow losing my fingernails or toenails. Weird, I know! But also hopefully everyone else prefers to keep their nails intact…
2. Which do you prefer, mountain or sea?
Mountains! I have always loved the serenity of the mountains, especially depending on which range we’re talking about. For example, the Appalachian Mountains in the Eastern United States are smoky and small in comparison to the Rockies out West. But I have always had a true affinity for height… Considering that I come from the Delta region, which is about as flat as can be.
3. What is the highest / furthest point you traveled to?
Highest? Well… I got altitude sickness in Perú while visiting Lake Titicaca. It was quite embarrassing, but my friend and I were both sick and the locals provided us with some killer cocoa tea. But I was sick for a few hours, even after only being at whatever point we visited (see, I don’t even remember what it was because I was so sick lol) for about fifteen minutes.
4. You stand on a 1m high brick wall. Would you jump off or climb slowly?
Jump off. 🙂 And hope not to destroy my ankle haha.
5. If you would only start your writing career now, where would you begin?
Hmm… That’s such a weird thought for me, because I have been writing since I was seven-years-old. I guess I’d start with writing a book, maybe a novel that I spent considerable time planning before jumping right into the meat of the story.
6. Which animals you feel it represents you best?
Probably a giraffe. I’m tall and awkward at times. Or maybe a llama, just because they are so ridiculous.
7. Are you an early riser or night owl?
Early riser! Which means I also go to bed pretty early…
8. Was writing your first choice as a career? If not, what was it?
It always has been and always will be my dream to be a professional writer, but ever since I was a kid I have also wanted to be a pilot. That being said, writing is my first love and if I could do it full-time, I would. I’m not quite there yet, though! (LOL)
9. What is your comfort food?
Popcorn. Always popcorn. And if you’re really “redonk” like me, with a sprinkle of cheese and butter on top.
10. Best way to relax and recharge? (other than writing)
Read a book, take a warm shower, watch political YouTube videos… Yes. I admit it. I watch political YouTube videos to calm down, which probably only riles me up even more.
11. What is your favorite word?
I love the word “redonk.” Yes, I made it up. It’s a redonk word to describe something that is ridiculous. Use it whenever you want. 🙂
11 Questions for My Nominees
- If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be and why?
- Who is your favorite writer or poet?
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- If you could go back and change one thing, what would it be?
- Who is your best friend?
- If you could eat one thing over and over again for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is one thing you want to accomplish in 2020?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Name your favorite book.
- Who inspires you most?
- What is one thing you are thankful for today?
- Garima–Be Inspired..!!
- ithinkforall — A place for loud minds…..
- PICTURE A POEM — Pictues and poetry by Connetta Jean
- House of Heart
- Brooke R. Calder — In Praise of Men
- Lucy’s Works
- A Phoenix Rising
- Into the Light Adventures
Thank you guys for reading. You’re the best, and I’m so thankful to be able to write to you. As for these nominees, please go check them out and give them a follow. They write from the heart, and that is what all writers should do. ❤